一道本不卡免费高清University of Redlands invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of the School of Music. The Director of the School of Music reports to the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and is responsible for fiscal management, music and academic program development, supervision of faculty and staff personnel, recruitment and retention of undergraduate and graduate students, fundraising and community relations, and communication both within the University and wider external communities. Beyond being considered an Associate Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, the Director is expected to work collaboratively with the President’s Cabinet and School of Music faculty and staff to achieve shared vision, accountability, and appreciation.
- Terminal degree in a music discipline.
- Evidence of effective teaching and scholarship/performance/composition sufficient for appointment as an Associate Professor or Professor.
- Evidence of strong leadership, communication, organizational, and management skills.
- Evidence of successful arts management administration.
- Evidence demonstrating an ability to work effectively with and recruit diverse populations of students, faculty, staff, and community.
- Experience of collaboratively working with multiple stakeholders to plan projects and set objectives.
- A willingness to work non-traditional hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serving as the primary academic and administrative contact for School of Music programs.
- Managing the finances and budgets for all School of Music programs and activities.
- Supervising School of Music personnel including staff, full-time faculty, and adjunct faculty.
- Applying College of Arts and Sciences and University policies and processes as appropriate to School of Music operations.
- Evaluating School of Music programs to maintain competitiveness with other schools offering performing arts degrees.
- Managing School of Music academic programs in collaboration with faculty. Facilitating faculty advising of School of Music students.
- Supporting full-time faculty, adjunct faculty, and staff of the School of Music in their professional development and teaching.
- Attending student and faculty performances regularly.
- Teaching a School of Music course once every three years.
- Developing recruitment strategies, including preparation of recruiting materials, high school visits, and college fairs.
- Collaborating with Admissions, Student Affairs, and the College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Office to promote student engagement and persistence.
- Establishing and maintaining positive professional relationships with music directors at K-12 schools, private music schools, and community colleges.
- Managing the overall operation of the Community School of Music.
- Serving as a liaison to the Redlands Symphony Orchestra and community partners.
- Working with University Advancement to cultivate donors, partners, and collaborations that benefit the School of Music and the University.
- Enhancing the visibility of the School of Music nationally and internationally.
- Working collaboratively with other University departments, programs, and offices, including but not limited to College of Arts and Sciences departments and programs, the School of Education, Chaplain’s Office, University Communications, and Enrollment.
- Serving as the University liaison to the National Association of Schools of Music, leading NASM accreditation, and assisting with University accreditation through WASC.
- Performing other duties and special projects as assigned or directed by the College of Arts and Sciences Dean.
一道本不卡免费高清Confidential review of applications and nominations will begin immediately. While applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled, interested parties are encouraged to apply by October 14, 2019. Applicants should submit:
- A cover letter relating your experience to the qualifications of this position, defining your strengths and discussing your educational vision for 21st century music students.
- Current curriculum vitae.
- A statement describing your experience working with and recruiting diverse populations of students, faculty, and staff; and promoting an inclusive community.
一道本不卡免费高清To apply online, go to . For more information or to make nominations:
一道本不卡免费高清Summit Search Solutions, Inc. 530-677-9945
Summit Search Solutions, Inc. 828-669-3850
Submission of a resume and application indicates agreement that the University may verify all information contained therein. The University of Redlands is an equal opportunity employer. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909-748-8040.